The Procurement Assistant will support the effective implementation and management of procurement activities to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services to the Programme and implementing agencies through the development and maintenance of an effective monitoring, administrative and reporting procurement environment that facilitates and contributes to the achievement of project goals and objectives.
The officer will provide technical and administrative assistance to the Procurement Officer in relation to the management of procurement activities in the execution of the project by the Project Coordinating Unit, Regional Health Authorities, Sub Recipients and Civil Society groups.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Conduct general procurement activities in the execution of the HIV/AIDS related Projects by the Project Coordinating Unit, Regional Health Authorities, Line ministries and civil society.
- Monitor in consultation with the Procurement Officer, procurement processes to ensure conformity with GOJ and the relevant funding agencies procurement guidelines.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts for the provision of goods, services and works, monitor all contracts and maintain the contract database regularly.
- Assist with the preparation and updating of the Project Procurement Plans.
- Follow up on decisions made by the Procurement Officer and the Senior Medical Officer as directed to ensure implementation and follow-through.
- Conduct quarterly site visits of SRs and RHAs and provide relevant report on their activities
- Assist with the preparation of monthly report on the status of all ongoing procurement transactions
- Assist with the preparation of advertisements and procurement notices and arrange to have these published both locally and internationally.
- Assist with the preparation of RFP, RFQ and issuing of bidding documents.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating bid opening through the preparation of the relevant bid documents.
- Liaise with selected suppliers and project stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services to end-users and payments to suppliers, in accordance with the terms of the contracts.
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of all procurement transactions.
- Liaise with National Health Fund to ensure the receipt of accurate shipping documents and the timely clearance of products.
- Maintain a proper information management system for all procurement documents and records.
- Provide procurement related administrative services
- Perform other related functions as assigned from time to time by the Procurement Officer.
In supporting the procurement management functions of the PCU, the Assistant Procurement Officer will provide
- Weekly Activity Schedules on procurement activities.
- Monthly report on procurement activities
- Quarterly updated procurement plan.
- Monthly updated list of contracts for Consulting and Non-Consulting Services.
- Procurement activities are implemented with agreed timelines/in accordance with procurement plan.
- Procurement of goods, services or works are done in accordance with current guidelines established by the GoJ and the relevant funding agencies.
- Improved/efficient procurement/information management system
The Procurement Assistant will report directly to the Procurement Officer, HIV/STI/Tb Unit who has the overall responsibility for all procurement activities within the Unit.
Skills and Attributes
- Must have procurement experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications including EXCEL and WORD
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent administrative skills, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Experience working with projects funded by international funding agencies.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
Knowledge and Experience
The selected individual must have Government of Jamaica, private sector or World Bank procurement experience and an in-depth knowledge of government operations. The selected individual must also possess:
- First degree in Business Administration, its equivalent or other related field
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica Procurement procedures
- At least 2 years’ work experience including working with projects funded by international agencies.
- To access confidential information
- To generate Purchase Orders
- Preparation of contracts
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Exposure to highly confidential and sensitive information
- Maybe required to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet deadlines.
Interested persons should submit their application along with resume no later than
Friday, October 20, 2017 via email to email@example.com
Applications must be addressed to:
Human Resource Management & Administration
Ministry of Health
10a Chelsea Avenue, Kingston 5
We thank all candidates for responding, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.