The Research Officer will support the implementation of research and evaluation activities outlined in the M&E work plan and contribute to the regular analysis and reporting of datasets in support of policy development, service planning and performance management. The Officer will be required to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders in data collection and data management by provision of greater on-site technical assistance as well as to improve the capacity of the M&E unit, and by extension, stakeholders, to conduct operational research.
- Reporting mechanisms requirements relevant to the project are met.
- Monthly Programme reports relating to M&E activities
- Monthly status update of progress on indicator targets
- Final reports for completed research projects
- Participate in the design, conduct, and management of research studies and surveys outlined in M&E plan
- Collaborate with professional staff and field officers in the collection, collation, and analysis of data from M&E system including (but not limited to) data for donor reporting e.g. Global Fund.
- Manage data from Sub recipients and partners
- Provide monthly status updates on progress towards meeting indicator targets
- Oversee implementation of various data collection tools by stakeholders and ensure that data is of the highest quality
- Assist with revision of data collection tools and make recommendations based on observations at the field level.
- Enter data into various databases and perform data queries where necessary
- Support data entry clerk in developing and maintaining tracking system for reports received and processed.
- Prepare study documents for IRB submission
- Participate in training workshops to build capacity in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation among stakeholders
- Work closely with Biostatistician to prepare reports
- Participate in the preparation of research abstracts for submission to research conferences
- Work alongside the M&E director to develop research methodologies and specifications
- Any other duties related to the implementation of the M&E Plan as assigned by the Director, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Perform any other related duties, as assigned by the Senior Medical Officer of the National HIV/STI/Tb Unit.
- Key deliverables are produced within agreed time frames to required standards
- Confidentiality of information obtained on the job is preserved
- Highly developed research and analytical skills
- Ability to use SPSS, SAS, STATA, EpiInfo or equivalent programme
- Strong communication skills, including report writing and confidence in delivering complex presentations to a wide range of audiences
- Good project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Able to respond to deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to interact well and develop positive relationships with Stakeholders of different backgrounds
- Sound knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Natural Sciences PLUS at least 4 years research/surveillance experience or
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Public Health, PLUS at least 2 years research/surveillance experience
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and Public Health Research/Surveillance
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Exposure to highly confidential and sensitive information
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Will be required to travel and must have access to a motor vehicle
Interested persons should submit their application along with resume no later than Monday, April 10, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be addressed to:
The Senior Director, Human Resource Management & Administration
Ministry of Health
10a Chelsea Avenue