The Programme Development Officer will provide technical support to the Treatment, Care & Support Component of the Programme in ensuring the effective implementation of the programme activities and contribute to the achievement of the programmes goals and objectives.
- Reporting mechanisms requirements relevant to the project are met.
- Monthly Programme reports relating to the National Tb Programme, STI management and PMTCT Programme.
- Assist in ensuring that the reporting mechanisms requirements relevant to the project are met.
- Ensure that surveillance data submitted to unit is collated and analysed in keeping with reporting requirements.
- Timely reporting through the summarization and collation of information required for stipulated reports.
- Monitoring treatment sits with regular visits and audits and analysis of reports to facilitate programme implementation at the site level.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all Treatment, Care and Support activities.
- Support the elimination initiative for mother to child transmission of HIV and Syphilis
- Strengthen programming for the other STIs
- Strengthen programming for Tb
- Monitor commodities for the management of Tb
- Facilitate and conduct training of health staff as indicated
- Prepare work plans when required
- Supervise expansion of Contact Investigator programme
- Provide technical assistance to the RHAs
- Improve linkages between the health care system and the HST Unit
- Perform annual mortality review
- Attend monthly/quarterly/annual meetings/conferences/workshops and special sessions (international and local) as required
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual/ad hoc quantitative and qualitative reports
- Oversee and assist (where necessary) with the collection, compilation of all associated data in collaboration with the Parish and Regional teams.
Perform any other related duties, as assigned by the Director, Treatment Care & Support.
- Key deliverables are produced within agreed time frames to required standards
- Confidentiality of information obtained on the job is preserved
- Must be able to provide technical support to the Treatment, Care & Support Component of the Programme
- Training in project management, project financial procedures and health systems management will be a distinct advantage.
- Possess good communication skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Medical Degree from a recognized institution
- Master’s in Public Health from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years medical experience in the health sector
- Local experience in public health/primary health care
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Maybe required to work beyond normal working hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Exposure to highly confidential and sensitive information
Interested persons should submit their application along with resume no later than Monday, March 27, 2017 via email to email@example.com
Applications must be addressed to:
The Senior Director, Human Resource Management & Administration
Ministry of Health
10a Chelsea Avenue