Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position in the Ministry of Health (Health Services Planning and Integration)
To assist in the development, implementation and Monitoring of plans and programmes for developing and improving the health care services provided by the Ministry of Health.
KEY RESPOSIBILITIES AREAS
- Provides assistance to regional and parish level services to support levels of care concept and ensures maintenance of quality services according to this concept in collaboration with the Director, Health services Support and Monitoring.
- Identifies areas of research for health systems assessment and collaborates with regions and parishes in the execution of this research and implementation of appropriate findings.
- Collaborates with head office regional and parish health staff in developing and implementing strategic for creating among health workers multi-purpose vision of the health services.
- Conducts research on new strategies for inter-sectorial coordination and community participation in strengthening the health system and collaborates with the regions and parishes in implementing appropriate findings.
- Participates in inter-sectorial and inter-agency relations and follows-up on activity.
- Identify areas of health services delivery that require standards, policies and procedures. Participates in the development of the appropriate manuals and encourage usage.
- Participates in research activities undertaken in order to influence the formulation of policies, programmes and benchmarks.
- Provides assistance on the National Health Disaster Committee.
- Participates in the development of the annual work programme and operating budget for the Health Services Support and Monitoring Unit
- Participates in the development review of monitoring mechanism to be instituted at regional level
- Collects, reviews, analyses and prepares feedback reports for assigned programmes on a monthly and quarterly basis to be submitted to the Director of Health Services Support and Monitoring.
- Attends meetings/conferences at regional and national levels on behalf of the Ministry of Health.
- Performs duties in the Emergency Operation Centre of the Ministry of Health in emergency situations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Director, Health Services Support and Monitoring and Director Health Services Planning and Integration
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor in Health Science or Degree in related field
- Experience in Research Methodology
- Training in Health Service Management
- At least four (4) years progressive work experience in the health service or any equivalent combination of education and experience
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes. Applications must be submitted no later than August 28, 2017 to:
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Health
10A Chelsea Avenue
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only