- Keep house plants in damp soil instead of water.
- Keep flower pot saucers dry and avoid over-watering potted plants.
- Empty and scrub flower vases twice weekly.
- Empty and wash pet’s water container twice per week.
- Keep refrigerator troughs dry.
- Punch holes in bottom of tins before placing them in the garbage.
- Get rid of all old tyres, tins, bottles, plastic containers, coconut shells and anything in which rain water can settle.
- Cover trash containers to keep out rain water.
- Cover all drums, barrels, tanks, buckets and any other container that is used to store water.
- Repair leaky pipes and outdoor taps.
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed so adult mosquitoes will not hide there.
- Keep drains and ditches clear of weeds and trash so water will drain properly.
- Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts) in yard.
- Clear roof gutters and eaves often to prevent water from settling.
- Use commercially available insecticide.
- Protect yourself from mosquito bites by:
- Using a mosquito repellant that contains DEET
- Sleeping under a mosquito net
- Closing windows before dark
- Opening windows and doors during fogging
- Wearing light coloured clothing andcovering your body as much as possible.
Alerts Surveillance Self-Reporting Online Survey
There are no alerts currently available.