- Letter of application explaining your Mission, giving proposed dates, services to be delivered in as much detail as possible must be sent at least six (6) to eight (8) weeks before the planned date of arrival.
- The volunteer group or individual should have a local contact, the name and address of whom should be submitted to the Ministry.
- The local health authorities at parish and regional levels must be involved and must endorse the activities you plan to carry out, including the venue and personnel involved. You should therefore contact one or more of the following persons at the local or regional levels.
- The Regional Director
- The Regional Technical Director
- The Medical Officer (Health)
- The Parish Manager
- Once the local health authorities approve of the activities, you will need to apply for special registration of the various professionals who will be members of your team (see forms enclosed, which can be copied). Along with the completion of these forms, for each professional you need to send:
The address and contact numbers for these officials are given in the attached.
- Two (2) passport size photographs.
- Certified copy of each professional certificate, for basic and post-basic (or post-graduate) courses.
- Certified copy of current license or practising certificates.
- Two (2) recent references (written within six (6) months) of application.
- Certified copy of front page of passport.
The approved documents are then forwarded to headquarters for endorsement then submitted to the relevant Councils for registration. Each Council has its own fees for the registration of the particular professionals.
On receipt of registration from the relevant councils application is then made to the Ministry of Labour for Work Permit Exemption.
- A list of any pharmaceutical, equipment and/or supplies you plan to take with you on the trip, indicating the ones you plan to donate to Jamaica and which ones will be returned to the USA. Generic names, strength, quantity and expiry date of each preparation must be given. Expiry dates for pharmaceuticals coming into the country should be longer than one (1) year from date of arrival. The estimated value of each item should also be given. After approval of the list, the Ministry will apply for a waiver of duties and charges from other relevant government authorities for the items you wish to donate to the Ministry.
- For equipment ands motor vehicle, the age, specification, electrical requirements, availability of operator’s and service manuals and spare parts and the estimated value should also be given.
- Number of clients seen
- Type of services delivered
- Diagnoses made
- Treatment given
- Disposal/referral of clients for follow-up. (Specific names of practitioners and institutions required).