National Peer Navigation Training Guide
Terms of Reference
On the request of the Ministry of Health (MOH) of the Government of Jamaica (GOJ), LINKAGES is leading a National level process to assist the MOH and key stakeholders in developing a National Peer Navigation Protocol and accompanying training guide. This will comprise principles, standards or practice and modes of operation for Peer Navigators mandated to assist clients to access the HIV continuum of care through both government and civil society health facilities.
FHI 360 is searching for a Writer that will undertake a short term consultancy agreement to write and edit the draft training guide as developed by a working group of partners and volunteers. The result will be a National Peer Navigation Training Guide, with modules specific to key populations. The Training guide will serve as a tool for trainers and supervisors.
The terms of reference (TOR) for this activity will include the following objectives:
- To collate supporting data, material, and activities for the training guide with appropriately documented references. As a large percentage of this has been gathered, the writer will focus on organization with some ability to make recommendations for structure and insertion of learning aides (e.g. comic strips, jokes, charts, tables, games, photos etc.)
- To interact with LINKAGES and country partners to include their input and feedback until completion
- To complete the final document of the training guide with guidance from LINKAGES
Approach for Achieving Objectives
The Consultant and LINKAGES staff, will work in partnership with the MOH, NFPB-SHA and CSOs to carry edit and complete the drafting of the training guide. Consistent dialogue, communication exchange and attendance of training sessions will be necessary to feedback input and changes into the final draft already under development.
Documents for pre-reading include the National Peer Navigation Protocol (2016) and the National HIV/AIDS Case Management Protocol (2015).
Timeline & Deliverables
Number of Contract days: 13 working days:
|Key Tasks||Period of performance|
||Week of August 15|
- First degree holder in Education, Language and Media Arts, Public Health, Social Science or related discipline
- At least 2 – 5 years’ experience in developing/editing curricula and training material
- Professional experience in Adult learning in Jamaica
- Knowledge of health outreach strategies, HIV/AIDS work and Key population sensitivities in Jamaica
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A team player
- Available immediately
How to Apply
Submit a CV and at least one (1) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 11, 2016 at midnight (Jamaica time). We appreciate all applications, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.